Thursday, October 2, 2008

Beam me up Allan! Holographic projection from TelstraClear

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4695048a28.html

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be at this event in the Vector Arena, where TelstraClear took the opportunity to outline plans, recall success and show off some truly impressive technology.

Actually I was on one of the stands talking about IP Gateway and Next IP Laughing

I was also fortunate enough to see the preparations first-hand yesterday morning (I arrived early with the Events Managers, so got a back-stage tour), and spoke to some of the folks that put the show together. Really cool stuff, and a real chest-thumping show.

The hologram of Rove was beamed in live across the Trans-tasman link, and there was very little delay - Rove commented that the delay was doing wonders for comic timing. He showed a picture of that mornings Sydney Morning Herald, although the sport section had fallen out of it.... maybe into a large rugby cup....

So a first for TCL, but also a real-revving of the engines at the core of the company....

NB: I work at TelstraClear

- A
Read More

No comments: